[0:01.391]UNIT 4 第四单元
[0:02.963]Work for Peace 为和平而努力
[0:05.114]Lesson 30: 第30课:
[0:06.589]Let's Work for Peace 让我们为和平而努力
[0:09.735]THINK ABOUT IT! 想一想!
[0:11.503]· How many clubs are there in your school? · 你们学校有多少个俱乐部?
[0:15.183]What are they? 是什么?
[0:16.508]What is the biggest club? 哪个是最大的俱乐部?
[0:18.781]How many members does it have? 有多少成员?
[0:21.605]· What do the members of a student council do? · 学生会的成员是干什么的?
[0:25.999]I think we should all work for peace. 我认为我们都应该为和平而努力。
[0:29.250]Each of us can make a difference. 每个人都可以发挥作用。
[0:32.341]My name is Danielle. 我是丹妮尔。
[0:34.206]I'm in Grade Nine this year. 今年我上九年级。
[0:36.184]I'm president of the student council at my school. 我是我们学校的学生会主席。
[0:40.139]What's a student council? 什么是学生会?
[0:41.935]It's a group of special students chosen to represent all the students. 它是一群被选为代表所有学生的特殊学生。
[0:47.255]Other students choose them. 别的学生选他们。
[0:49.574]Most junior high schools in Canada have a student council. 加拿大大部分的初中都有一个学生会。
[0:53.825]Student councils work to make schools better places. 学生会为使学校更美好而努力。
[0:58.622]What does the student council do? 学生会做什么呢?
[1:00.805]Sometimes we plan projects for our school. 有时我们为我们学校计划活动。
[1:03.601]In December, we decided to give some money to an organization. 在十二月,我们决定给一个组织捐钱。
[1:07.466]The organization provides food and drink for the poor in our city. 这个组织给我们市的穷人提供食物和饮料。
[1:11.879]How did we get the money? 我们如何筹到钱呢?
[1:13.584]We had a special event in the school gym. 我们在校体育馆举行了一次特别的活动。
[1:16.380]We sold tickets. 我们售票。
[1:17.949]Lots of students came. 许多学生都来了。
[1:19.722]We made about $300. 我们筹了大约300美元。
[1:22.336]On student council, we have to work together. 在学生会,我们必须一起工作。
[1:25.223]It's not always easy! 这不总是很容易!
[1:27.179]We don't always agree. 我们的观点不总是一致。
[1:29.202]But when we disagree, we try to understand each other. 但是,在我们意见不一时,我们尽力互相理解。
[1:33.158]I think it's important to try to understand other people. 我认为尽力理解别人是非常重要的。
[1:36.636]At my school, it's very important. 在我们学校,这非常重要。
[1:39.773]We have students from lots of cultures. 我们的学生来自不同的文化背景。
[1:42.592]Some of us wear different clothes. 我们中有些人穿不同的衣服。
[1:45.002]Some of us have different religions. 有些人有不同的宗教信仰。
[1:47.525]Some of us speak different languages at home. 有些人说不同的方言。
[1:50.526]But we are still friends. 但是我们仍然是朋友。
[1:52.845]Many schools in Canada are like Danielle's school. 加拿大的许多学校都像丹妮尔的学校一样。
[1:56.323]They have many different kinds of people. 有很多不同类型的人。
[1:59.097]If they're really lucky, they have a dinosaur, too! 如果他们真的幸运的话,他们还会有一只恐龙!
[2:03.689]I think each of us can work for peace in our schools and in the world. 我认为我们每个人都能够为我们的学校和世界的和平而努力。
[2:08.304]What do we need to do? 我们需要做什么?
[2:10.055]We need to learn about different cultures and make friends with people from other cultures. 我们需要学习不同的文化,和来自其他文化的人们交朋友。
[2:15.724]It's okay to be different, and it's okay to know people who are different. 不一样没有关系,了解不同的人也是可以的。
[2:20.317]This is what I think: 这就是我所认为的:
[2:21.999]never feel afraid to be someone's friend and you should always trust your friend. 不要害怕成为某个人的朋友,并且你应该始终相信你的朋友。
[2:27.686]LET'S DO IT! 做一做!
[2:29.455]Plan a debate about this topic: 准备一个关于这个话题的辩论:
[2:33.203]countries should never go to war to solve disputes. 各国决不能通过战争来解决争端。
[2:37.935]Are there any wars in the world today? 当今世界上有什么战争吗?
[2:42.053]Where are they? 在哪里?
[2:43.866]Are wars good or bad? 战争是好事还是坏事?
[2:46.844]Are there better ways to solve problems? 有更好的办法来解决问题吗?
[2:46.844]
[2:46.844]