简介
In this lesson, we will see what to tell people when you get sick.
本节课我们将学习怎样告诉别人你生病了。
Calling in Sick
请病假
Jamey: Hello. Austen Associate.
杰米:哈喽,奥斯汀。
Charlie: Hey Jamey. It’s Charlie here.
查理:嘿,杰米。我是查理。
Jamey: Hi Charlie. Why didn’t you come to work today?
杰米:嗨,查理。你今天怎么没来上班?
Charlie: I’m sorry. I’m quite sick. I couldn’t make it.
查理:对不起,我今天病得很严重,我上不了班。
Jamey: Oh! So you are calling in sick!
杰米:哦!你打电话请病假吗?
Charlie: Yes. Can you please tell Mr. Austen that I called?
查理:是的,你可以告诉奥斯汀先生我打电话了吗?
Jamey: Sure. You take care, Charlie. I’ll see you when you get better.
杰米:没问题,你照顾好自己。你好点了我去看你。
Charlie: Thanks, Jamie.
查理,谢谢你,杰米。
When You Have a Headache
你头疼的时候
Charlie: Mom! I need some help.
查理:妈妈,我需要帮助。
Michelle: What happened? Is everything alright?
米歇尔:发生什么事了?还好吗?
Charlie: There’s no aspirin in the medicine cabinet.
查理:药箱里没有阿司匹林了。
Michelle: Oh! It’s in my room. Why do you want it? What are you feeling?
米歇尔:哦!在我的房间,你为什么要它?你感觉怎么样?
Charlie: I have a bad headache. I guess I got a cold.
查理:我头特别疼,我觉得我感冒了。
Michelle: You should see a doctor tomorrow, Charlie.
米歇尔:查理,你明天应该去看医生。
Charlie: I know. I just got an appointment. My head is killing me.
查理:我知道,我约了会诊,我的脑袋疼死我了。
Michelle: For now just take the aspirin and go have some rest then.
米歇尔:现在就吃一片阿司匹林然后休息。
Telling Someone You Got the Flu
告诉某人你得了流感
Michael: Hey Charlie. I didn’t see you at work today. Is everything okay?
迈克尔:嘿,查理。今天上班没见你,你还好吗?
Charlie: I’m quite sick, Michael. That’s why I couldn’t work.
查理:迈克尔,我病得非常严重,这就是我今天为什么不能上班。
Michael: Oh! Now that you mentioned it, you do look a bit pale. I hope it’s not serious.
迈克尔:哦!你这么一说,脸色看起来的确有点苍白。希望不要太严重。
Charlie: I got the flu.
查理:我得了流感。
Michael: You should go to a doctor.
迈克尔:你应该去看医生。
Charlie: I just did. He prescribed me some pills and a lot of rest.
查理:我刚刚看过医生了,他给我开了药告诉我要好好休息。
Michael: Okay! Get well soon.
迈克尔:好的,祝你早日康复。
When You Have a Sore Throat
你嗓子疼
Peter: Hello Ms. Ford.
皮特:你好,福特女士。
Ms. Ford: Hi Peter. Are you ready for your presentation?
福特女士:嘿,皮特。你准备好你的发言了吗?
Peter: I’m afraid I’m not.
皮特:对不起,我还没有准备好。
Ms. Ford: Why’s that?
福特女士:为什么?
Peter: I have a sore throat. I won’t be able to speak for that long.
皮特:我嗓子疼。我不能长时间说话。
Ms. Ford: Is this an excuse?
福特女士:这是借口吗?
Peter: No, Ms. Ford. I have all my slides here with me. But it really hurts when I speak. Can you reschedule it for tomorrow, please?
皮特:不是,福特女士。这里有我所有的幻灯片,但是我说话的时候真的很疼。你可以重新安排到明天吗?求你了!
Ms. Ford: Okay Peter. Just make sure you go to a doctor.
福特女士:好的,皮特。你要赶快去看医生。
Peter: Thanks, I will.
皮特:谢谢,我会的。