Have you turned in your homework?
= Have you handed in your homework?
你交作业了吗?
Will we have to tum in our homework?
我们要交作业吗?
tum in“交上,归还”
hand in“上交”
I have a lot of studying to do.
我有许多功课要做。
I've got a lot of homework to do.
我有很多作业要做。
“The homework is too much.
作业太多了.
I haven't finished my homework.
我的作业还没做完。
I forgot to take my homework to school.
我忘了带作业了。
I'll ask Mr. Wang if it's all right to hand It In tomorrow.
我要问问王老师明天交可不可以。
Could I hand in my paper a few days late?
我的论文可不可以晚几天交?
It seems that I can never write a good comp08ftion*
好像我总是写不出一篇好的作文来。
composition n. 写作,作文
句型It seems that...意思是“好像…”。
I got A+ plus.
我得了A+。
I got a B minus.
我得了B-。
plus a. 加的,略大一些的
minus a, 减的,略差一点的
He's never given me the A.
他从来没给过我A。
He gave me F again.
他又给了我不及格。
Homework课外作业
Mary: You look kind of unhappy. Do you want to talk about anything?
玛丽:你看起来有点儿不高兴。你想说点什么吗?
Tom: It seems like I can't write a good paper for this teacher. Just look at the corrections all over the pages. It feels like he hates me or something.
汤姆:看起来,我写不出一篇让这老师满意的文章。你看看他给纠正的这满篇的错误。我感觉他不喜欢我或我的某些方面。
Mary: I'm sure it isn't anything that serious. Is this your first year taking English writing classes? Maybe you just have a lot to leam from this teacher.
玛丽:我敢肯定没那么严重。你这是第一年上英语作文课吧?也许你要从老师那里学很多东西。
Tom: Yeah, that may be, but then why does he only show me my errors and never say anything about what I might have done right? It.seems kind of unfair, and a little unkind.
汤姆:也许吧,但他为什么只是指出我的错误,却从来不说我文章的好的方面呢?这好像有点几不太公平,而且也太不近人情了。
Mary: I could see why you think that. It must be difficult. Just keep working at it. You'll improve as you write more, and you'll certainly impress the teacher as well. Just don't give up.
玛丽:我理解你为什么那么想,那肯定是很难受的。你只要好好写,你的作文肯定会进步的,你给老师留下的印象也会好起来的。不要放弃。
Tom: I suppose you might be right, but I thought he should be a little less critical.
汤姆:我想也许你是对的,不过我觉得他也应该别这么挑剔。
1.“kind of”在这里的意思是“有点儿,有几分”,在口语中应用较多,通常置于动词、形容词或副词前,与“sort of”同义。例如:The police kind of suspected that he was not telling the truth.(警察有点怀疑他没有说实话。) He was kind of sad because his best friend moved away.(他最好的朋友搬走了,他有点儿伤心。)
2.“all over (sth.)”的意思是“遍及(某物),到处”。例如:They said they had cleaned up but there were bottles all over the
place. (他们说他们打扫干净了,可是这个地方还到处都是瓶子。)Scientists from all over the world will gather here.(世界各地的
科学家都将聚集在这里。)
3.“give up”的意思是“放弃”,例如:She gave up her job and started writing poetry.(她放弃她的工作开始写诗。)
美国学生的课外作业
一般人都认为美国学生快乐,是因为作业少,有时间玩。但事实却并非如此,美国学生的课外作业其实也很多,学生没有被压垮,是因为这些作业给他们带来了快乐,他们乐此不疲。
课外作业的根本意义不在于简单的重复和低水平的思考,而是要训练学生的思维能力和灵活程度。课外作业不是学生负担过重的罪魁祸首,没质量的课外作业才是元凶。
美国式作业总是不拘一格,最大秘诀在于贴近生活。譬如设计小镇宣传、评论总统的政府工作报告、评判儿童电视节目的优劣、讨论比萨斜塔会不会倒、探索中国飞速发展的原因和影响、比较各种防晒霜、分析薯片松脆的原因、解析9·11受害者的经济补偿…实在富有创意,不得不让人为美国老师的创造力和想象力喝彩。
美国式作业让学生在生活中用上课堂所学知识,他们对知识的理解就会特别深刻,更积极学习,会综合自己所有的知识,深入探索。而那些死记硬背的“知识”就像是一车车运进城里的原材料,或许有用,但由于被孤零零地丢在城市角落,长期不用,慢慢就会被遗忘和废弃。